St. Patrick's Day is coming up! Whether you're planning to go all out in all green or not, downing a pint or two of the good stuff (along with some tasty bites) is never a bad idea. Guinness -- the gold standard of Irish stout and the best-selling alcoholic drink in Ireland -- has a creamy malt character that goes well with cakes, sweets, desserts and breads, as well as savory roasts, seafood and spicy food. Thirsty yet? You're in luck! (See what we did there?) Here are some fantastic ideas for what to pair with a dark beer.
1. Fish & Chips - The Olde Bar (Philadelphia)
Freshly battered cod served with malt vinegar mayonnaise and a side of beef fat fries.
2. Roasted oysters - Ditch Plains (New York City)
Drippy, warm and delicious, these guys come topped with savory garlic butter.
3. Hot Pastrami Rachel Sandwich - Commonwealth (Boston)
A warm sammie on marbled rye with coleslaw, Swiss cheese and Thousand Island dressing, served up with a side salad and duck fat fries.
4. Organic Roasted Amish Chicken - Vernick Food & Drink (Philadelphia)
A succulent whole or half organic Amish chicken, roasted with fresh lemon and herb jus. Be sure to grab some extra bread for sopping up all that heavenly sauce.
5. Chocolate Bar - The Boarding House (Chicago)
Tap into your inner chocoholic with this flourless chocolate cake, chocolate crunch and chocolate ice cream.
6. Mixto Asado - Rural Society (Washington D.C.)
A hearty selection of house-made sausages alongside smoky, charred scallions.
7. Butter-with-Scotch Pot de Crème - Myriad Gastro Pub (San Francisco)
A luscious, creamy, crunchy butter-with-scotch pot de crème, brown butter sable cookies and crème chantilly.
8. Hamburger - Alta CA (San Francisco)
A sesame bun piled high with cheddar cheese, crunchy bacon and a juicy patty, served with a side of crisp, golden potatoes.
9. Hot Artichoke Dip - Freemans (New York City)
This delectable dip is creamy, cheesy and served with crispy crunchy baguette slices.
10. Brisket Sandwich - Maple Block Meat Co. (Los Angeles)
The juicy, signature sliced brisket sandwich comes with tangy red cabbage slaw, pickled shallots, green sauce and fresh pickles.
11. Pork Shoulder Tacos - Bar Takito (Chicago)
A fresh tortilla filled with tender pork, chile-mezcal sauce, avocado, seasonal pickles, cilantro and pepitas.
12. Warm Vanilla Cake - R2L (Philadelphia)
Served with ooey gooey caramel, this pillowy cake melts in your mouth.
For all the latest on food, drinks and restaurants, visit the Reserve blog and follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
-- This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.