Friday, May 13, 2016

2 Pounds Lost, 4 Things Learnt: The Tiniest Thai Weight Loss Diet Week 2 of 12

Wow, what a difference a week makes!



This Monday morning was almost tears of happiness - and feeling just pretty euphoric actually.



Not just that the number on the scales is going down, but that I'm feeling in control and that feeling of having taken action on something.



This week I lost 2 lbs.



And I learnt 4 main things:



1. Accountability is HUGE!



I mentioned this last week, but it's so true. Because I've announced and told everyone I want to lose weight AND because I'm blogging my results, it's definitely given me a bit more resolve than I might have otherwise had.



2. The small things matter.



I've made a few small changes that are making a big difference.



* No milk in my coffee or tea - I'm having a couple of black coffees a day (with a teaspoon of sugar in each) and maybe one green tea with mint. But no milk.



* No peanuts!



Peanuts are delish of course, and very very more-ish and I can't stop picking at them if there's a packet in the cupboard. But they're incredibly full of fat and not good, nut-fat, healthy-heart-fat either, being a vegetable not a nut.



So for that crunch in my salads and stir fries, I'm toasting a few flaked almonds instead.



* I'm also using an oil spray for cooking rather than sloshing the oil in without thinking. I have to turn the garlic and chillies quickly and often before even 30 seconds is up I have to add a little slosh of water, but this seemingly tiny change is having a big impact.




3. I feel a little lighter and that makes exercise seem easier.



I'm feeling really motivated about measuring my steps daily and aiming for 12k.



To be honest I often struggle to reach 10k, which I know is what we're all supposed to achieve daily for just good health rather than weight loss, but it's the difference in my mindset I'm proud of - and I'm really interested in and looking for ways to naturally increase my steps.



4. Decluttering.



Woo-hoo! Didn't expect this! I love a bit of decluttering and the drive kicked in this week - firstly, to declutter my food cupboards and get those out of date herbs out of there and the ancient baking bits and pieces I've never ever used. Time to clear that stale energy from the kitchen!



And having done that ... well, I moved on to my bathroom cupboard and wardrobe ... I can't WAIT 'til I can declutter all my 'fat' clothes and be building up a gorgeous capsule wardrobe of happy weight clothes.



This week's favourite recipes:



Lunches ...



* 2 poppadums cooked in the microwave at work (literally seconds) or brought in ready cooked.



Topped with a little cottage cheese, a little mango chutney, chopped cucumber, spring onion, red chilli and coriander leaves.



* a great green salad with mixed salad leaves and avocado + a dressing of lime juice.



Spending a little time making my food look pretty also makes me appreciate and savour it more.



2016-05-13-1463151739-5074330-ScreenShot20160513at16.01.39.png




Dinners ...



I'm more likely to add a little carbohydrate to dinner - some rice noodles or a couple of tablespoons of plain boiled basmati rice.



I've made a version of a seafood pad krapow stir fry (using spray oil) and had some really good salads using the salad base of this steak salad but topped with griddled chicken or seafood.



2016-05-13-1463151624-7060315-ScreenShot20160513at15.59.47.png




I have to confess there were some treats around this week at work too - but one of the BIG things for me is just learning not to be 'all or nothing'.



So - yes, I did have a very small slice to taste the delicious cake that my colleague and friend (and baker extraordinaire) Jackie brought in for someone's birthday (deconstructed Snickers cake - you think I could refuse, even with my zero-sweet-tooth?!).



But I didn't have a huge slice, and that's one of the things I'm learning - I'm not trying to deprive myself here, but I am wanting to lose weight.





I'm always looking to the result, to the outcome, but in a way that's going to work for me.




I'm now excited to see what I can do in coming weeks ...



xRachel

-- This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.

No comments:

Post a Comment