Sunday, March 29, 2015

A Healthy Snack for the Junk Food Junkie!

Ok, chicadees, your loving prof has a confession to make.

Ready?

Here it is:

I am a junk. Food. Junkie.

Ask anyone who knows me.

I can't even buy snacks because I will eat them -- all of them -- in a single sitting. I just can't do it.

But I have some good news. The first step is realizing you have a problem. The second step is:

Not caring.

So I'm going to share this recipe for an extremely quick snack. Believe me: Your cafeteria does not have snack options as healthy as this (unless you count plain fruit as a snack, which I do not. Plain fruit is an obligation. Like vegetables.)

Ingredients:


  • 1 organic dark chocolate bar (try to find the highest percentage you can -- the higher, the healthier)

  • Fruit of your choice (in my case, 1 apple and half a peach)

  • Crushed nuts (in my case, cashews)

  • Sea salt


Directions:

  1. Melt the chocolate bar slowly, in a pot. No stove? Use the microwave.

  2. Cut your fruit into small slices.

  3. Drown the fruit in the chocolate.

  4. Sprinkle with crushed cashews and sea salt.

  5. Let cool.


Et voila: This snack is seriously delicious, and I didn't even eat it all in one sitting. Probably because all that fiber from the fruit had me feeling full in no time.

I knew fruit was good for something. But don't be fooled. I finished off this bad boy for breakfast the next day. And because it was fruit, I did not feel at all guilty about it.

2015-03-28-1427553074-4920428-20150324_1438462.jpg

For more easy recipes, check out my recipe link!

Hey! Come hang with me! www.heycollegekid.com

No comments:

Post a Comment