Friday, July 31, 2015

This Cotton Candy Layer Cake is Amazing

Cotton candy layer cake will make everyone smile. It's full of sweet flavor and pretty pink color!

2015-08-01-1438392768-3018834-CottonCandyLayerCakePhoto.jpg


I have heard rumors that cotton candy is meant for children, but I have difficulty believing this to be true. Because eating cotton candy is equivalent to eating heaping spoonfuls of straight up sugar. And while I’m sure that is a delightful experience, it is not very socially acceptable. And certainly isn’t conducive to good behavior.

It is with this in mind that I admit to stealing cotton candy from my son several years ago. Bless his heart, he headed off to first grade assuming that his precious cotton candy would be waiting for him when he got home from school. Little did he know that with HIS best interests at heart, I would consume the entire bag with no remorse.

2015-08-01-1438392813-9595986-CottonCandyLayerCakePicture.jpg


It wasn’t good for him. And all that sugar was liable to send him into a spiral of undesirable behavior. I mean, think of what could have happened! I probably saved him from a life of crime. The fact that he’s not in prison right now is most likely thanks to me and my theft of his cotton candy.

Also? It wasn’t even that good. And we all know that there is nothing worse than second rate cotton candy. I sacrificed my taste buds to save him the inevitable heartbreak of consuming mediocre cotton candy.

2015-08-01-1438392875-1027694-CottonCandyLayerCakeImage.jpg


Moms are just selfless like that. Sometimes I read articles about the importance of moms doing things for themselves more often and I’m like you know, I think these people are on to something. Then I sneak in my child’s room after he falls asleep and raid his Easter basket/Christmas stocking/class party goody bag and feel strangely at peace about it. I feel like it’s what the experts would recommend. How can I take care of anyone else if I’m not taking care of me?

2015-08-01-1438392927-3508560-CottonCandyLayerCakePic.jpg


If, by any chance, you are open to the idea of sharing cotton candy (I don’t necessarily recommend it), this cake is a great option. The pink cake is cotton candy flavored all the way through, and the cotton candy buttercream is perfectly creamy and sweet. I do not recommend topping it with cotton candy until time to serve, otherwise the moisture in the frosting will break down the cotton candy and cause it to shrink very pitifully.

Whether you choose to share or keep this cake all to yourself, you definitely need to MAKE IT! It’s so yummy and fun, it’s sure to bring a smile to your face.

Get the Cotton Candy Layer Cake Recipe on Food Fanatic!




--

About Kristan

Kristan is known for her candy creations and hilarity on Confessions of a Cookbook Queen. We know where her true genius is, though: fanciful fanatical cupcake and cake creations!

-- This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.

No comments:

Post a Comment