Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Perfectly Paleo Peach Shortcake

This paleo peach shortcake is a great way to celebrate ripe stone fruit this summer. It's perfectly crumbly and just slightly sweet like the real deal -- you'd never know it was paleo.

2015-08-27-1440636817-7884780-PaleoPeachShortcakePhoto.jpg


I really can’t stand the comparison of food to “crack.” From naming recipes with “crack” in the title to saying “those brownies/any other food item are like ‘crack’” just drives me crazy. First of all, I’m betting 99.9% of the people saying this stuff have probably never tried crack (or maybe that’s just me being naïve and hopeful?), so tell me how they’re supposed to know if that’s even true? Secondly, why the heck are we going around likening something that’s delicious to a narcotic? I get the addiction part of it but I feel like we can do better in picking our analogies, people.

2015-08-27-1440636882-2609501-PaleoPeachShortcakePicture.jpg


That said, peaches are my summer addiction. I love all fruit (except papaya, it smells like cheesy feet to me) but peaches are like in a league of their own. If I had to pick, white peaches probably edge out yellow ones but honestly, I don’t care. I’ll take them in any shape and size; I’ll hoard the heck out of them from June until September and eat them with every meal. Latest obsession? Peach, tomato and basil salads with burrata. Omg, I die.

2015-08-27-1440636900-972648-PaleoPeachShortcakeImage.jpg


I’ve been wanting to make a paleo shortcake recipe for some time now and peach season seemed like the perfect excuse to finally make it happen. Sorry, strawberries, you’ve been dethroned as the go-to shortcake topping as far as I’m concerned. There’s nothing quite better than a crumbly, slightly sweet biscuit topped with coconut whipped cream and simple ripe summer peaches. You might not even need the maple syrup with the peaches if they’re ripe and juicy enough. If so, I’d suggest heating them up in small saucepot for just a few minutes to break them down a bit.

2015-08-27-1440636925-6327538-PaleoPeachShortcakePic.jpg


The best part about this recipe is it’s not just a shortcake recipe. Feel free to whip up the biscuits at any time for a great addition to breakfast (with some homemade butter maybe?) or leave out the vanilla and serve them savory for dinner!

Get the Paleo Peach Shortcake Recipe!



--

About Gina

We love the spirit you find on Gina's blog, Running to the Kitchen. Fun, fresh, seasonal and whole food ingredients - gotta love that! She's having fun experimenting with us as our Paleo Dessert fanatic!

-- This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.











No comments:

Post a Comment