Wednesday, June 1, 2016

'The Voice' Winner Alisan Porter Finally Gets Her 'Fairytale Ending' After Facing Alcoholism



Alisan Porter never thought "The Voice" host Carson Daly would call her name, but he did. 



"It never is the fairytale ending," the Season 10 winner told People magazine in an exclusive interview. "It's always like, 'Oh, I wish.'"



Porter's path to winning "The Voice" is not the stuff of fairy tales. She dealt with alcoholism for years before the 34-year-old singer and former child star got sober in 2007 and had two children. 



Even after overcoming her addiction, Porter didn't think music stardom was in the cards for her.



“I kind of retired in my mind and was like, 'OK, I'll just make music for myself and play gigs here and there," Porter told HuffPost on AOL Build in May. "At the same time, I had been trying to be a singer for a decade, so for me it was like, if I get this one shot, I'm going to take it."



Even though Porter told People that winning "The Voice" was her "fairy tale ending," she says she still has "bad days." 



"There are moments everybody has where they think, 'Gosh, my life sucks and I feel like crap and I don't know if I'm ever going to be able to get myself out of that place,'" she said. 



Still, nabbing that $100,000 contract with Universal Music is everything she needs to pursue her music career with renewed energy. 



"I feel like this is the last piece of the puzzle I never was sure I would get," she told the magazine, later adding, "I've envisioned it and tried to manifest it for decades and for it to be here, I'm holding it. I'm shining the diamond."











-- This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.

No comments:

Post a Comment