The summer possesses a strange magic that allows it to draw pop songs out of the woodwork--even from acts that aren't necessarily pop acts. Even if the season itself isn't pulling the strings, music lovers are definitely gravitating to big choruses from a variety of sources. In this playlist, we recap the best of those for working out in June.
Justin Timberlake's new single--from the Trolls movie--is the single most popular song in the gym right now (and an early contender for song of the summer). Elsewhere on the conventional pop front, you'll find a blast of sass from Meghan Trainor and a slow, but feisty number from Pink. Beyond the Top 40, there's a comeback track from pop punk favorites Good Charlotte and an indelible melody from Swedish trio Peter, Bjorn & John. Taken as a whole, the list features an unreasonable number of memorable hooks. So, when you need an instant boost for your summer workout sessions, here are the month's top tunes--according to the votes logged on workout music site Run Hundred.
- Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop the Feeling - 113 BPM
- Calvin Harris & Rihanna - This Is What You Came For - 124 BPM
- Pink - Just Like Fire - 82 BPM
- Meghan Trainor - Me Too - 124 BPM
- Zayn - Like I Would - 113 BPM
- Alan Walker - Faded - 90 BPM
- Peter, Bjorn & John - What You Talking About - 127 BPM
- Good Charlotte - 40 oz. Dream - 112 BPM
- BRKLYN & Mariah McManus - Can't Get Enough - 129 BPM
- Nick Jonas & Tove Lo - Close (Dan E Radio Edit) - 125 BPM
Check out this month's top 10 workout songs on Run Hundred: www.RunHundred.com.
For more by Chris Lawhorn, click here.
For more from HuffPost Workouts, click here.
Also on HuffPost:
-- This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.